(000072) Smecta x 30 Sachet (Orange/Vanila)
Product details of Smecta Orange-Vanilla Flavour 3g x 30 sachets
- INDICATIONS: 1. Symptomatic treatment of accute diarrhoea in adults and children in addition to oral rehydration.2. Symptomatic treatment of chronic diarrhoea.3. Symptomatic treatment of pain associated with oesogastroduodenal and colic disease.
SMECTA is packed in soft, flat sachet. The product is presented as off-white to light beige powder, with slightly reminiscent odour of orange when preparing the oral suspension for use.
1. Symptomatic treatment of accute diarrhoea in adults and children in addition to oral rehydration.
2. Symptomatic treatment of chronic diarrhoea.
3. Symptomatic treatment of pain associated with oesogastroduodenal and colic disease.
Accute diarrhoea in children and infants:
- Up to 1 year old: 2 sachets daily for 3 days, then 1 sachet daily.
- 1 year old and above: 4 sachets daily for 3 days, then 2 sachets daily.
- An average of 3 sachets daily. In practice, the daily dosage can be doubled at the beginning of the treatment.
WHEN SHOULD THIS MEDICINE BE TAKEN:
Preferably in between meals in other indications.
HOW LONG SHOULD YOU TAKE THIS MEDICINE FOR:
If the symptoms do not improve within 7 days, you should consult the doctor.
INSTRUCTION FOR USE:
Babies and children:
- The contents of the sachet can be added and thoroughly stirred in the feeding bottle with 50ml of water, to be given during the day, or thoroughly mixed with a semi-iquid food such as broth, stewed fruit, mashed vegetables or baby food.
- 3 sachets daily. To be diluted in half a glass of water