(002409) Quad Cane W/Base Brown (Esco)
- Extra Stable Wide Base, Trusty cane.
- 4 points of contact to provide superior balance and stability
- Provide secure, reliable support on any surface
- 10 grips in total for Handle height adjusting.
- Handle height is adjustable from 68cm to 95cm allowing for custom comfort
- Now you can enjoy the freedom to go anywhere you like, stride by stride with at you side!
- Easily for Compact Storage
- Stand on its own without falling
- All-terrain design
- Ergonomically designed handle with soft Vinyl Contoured Grip provides comfort and security
- Material: Aluminium alloy
- Made from Sturdy aluminium construction.
- Color: Brown
- Supports up to 500lbs.
- Adaptable for right or left-handed users.
- Package Included: 1 x Extra Stable Wide Base Quad Cane
Walking with a Quad Cane
Follow the steps below when you walk with a quad cane.
Step 1: Hold the quad cane in the hand opposite your injured or weaker leg. Make sure the flat side of the quad cane is closest to your body
Step 2: Place all four legs of the quad cane on the ground when you move it forward. Your quad cane should be about one step length ahead of you. Keep it close to your body for support and balance.
Step 3: Step forward with your weaker leg.
Step 4: Support your weight with both the quad cane and your injured leg. Step through with your stronger leg.
- Do not take a step unless your quad cane is firmly on the ground.
- Do not place your quad cane too far forward. The quad cane should be directly across from the instep of your weaker foot.
- Do not take steps that are too big.
- When turning, take small steps
- Check your quad cane tips regularly. Replace them when they are worn.
- Be careful when walking on uneven or wet surfaces.
- Use good posture when walking.
- Check your balance before stepping.
- Walk at a safe pace.