(009009) Panadol Extend Caps x 12s
Panadol® Extend Caplets
Panadol Extend is a sustained release formulation of paracetamol that provides gentle and long-lasting relief from back and pain and even for persistent joint pain (such as osteoarthritis) for up to 8 hours.
The patented bi-layer caplet starts to release one layer straight away for fast pain relief, while the second layer is released slowly over a period to give long-lasting relief. This means longer lasting back and pain relief than ordinary Panadol, with the improved convenience of fewer doses. And you can rest assured it won’t harm your stomach
Panadol Extend is designed for 8 hours of relief from back and pain, and instead of 4-6 hours with ordinary Panadol. Like other Panadol products, when taken as directed, Panadol Extend is and can be used with most medications. It can also be taken by people who have other conditions such as stomach ulcers and high blood pressure.
Adults (including the elderly) and children aged 12 years and over:
- Oral administration only.
- 2 tablets taken three times a day, every 6-8 hours as required, up to a maximum of 6 tablets in any 24-hour period
- Maximum daily dose: 4000 mg.
- Do not exceed the stated dose. Should not be used with other paracetamol-containing products.
- Can be taken with or without food.
Not recommended for children under 12 years of age
Active Ingredients : 665mg Paracetamol
Warnings & Precautions (see label for full list)
- Always read the label. Use only as directed. For the relief of pain and fever. Incorrect use could be harmful.
- Should not be taken with other products containing paracetamol at the same time.
- Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to paracetamol.
- If symptoms persist, please consult your doctor or pharmacist.
- If you have any liver or kidney problems, please consult your doctor before taking Panadol.
- Keep out of sight and reach of children.
- Paracetamol overdose may cause liver failure. Immediate medical management is required in the event of an overdose, even if symptoms of overdose are not present.
- The anticoagulant effect of warfarin and other coumarins may be enhanced by prolonged regular daily use of Paracetamol with increased risk of bleeding. Occasional Doses of Paracetamol have no significant effect.