(012917) Himalaya Shatavari V/Caps x 60s
Its principal constituents include saponins, sitosterol and stigmasterol with their glucosides, alkaloids, proteins and tannins. The plant contains the triterpene saponins called Shatavarin I-IV, which support the body's own natural production of estrogen. The chemical ingredients in the Shatavari plant include steroidal saponins, isoflavones, asparagamine A and polysaccharides.
- Women's health: Shatavari can restore hormonal balance in women who have fluctuating hormonal levels due to menstruation and menopause, thus alleviating pre-menstrual and menopausal symptoms. It is also popular as a herb that enhances fertility and regulates the menstrual cycle. With an estrogenic effect on the female mammary glands and reproductive system, Shatavari boosts postpartum health and enhances the production of breast milk in lactating mothers.
- Gastrointestinal health: The herb heals conditions such as heartburn and colitis. It has anti-ulcerogenic and gastroprotective properties. Shatavari is reported to have a significant effect in the management of gastrointestinal microbial infections caused by E.coli, Shigella and V. cholera.
- Diuretic: Shatavari is a potent diuretic and is helpful in flushing out toxins through urine.
- Indications: Reduction in breast milk secretion in nursing women
- Menopausal and post-menopausal symptoms
- Recommended dose: Capsule: One capsule, twice a day or as directed by your physician
- Composition: Each capsule contains 250mg extract of Shatavari
Note: Since Himalaya’s Pure Herbs are in capsule form, some children below 14 years may find it difficult to swallow them. For this reason, Pure Herbs are recommended for children ages 14 and above.